Events and Classes
HANDI QUILTER EDUCATION EVENT April 27th & 28th
National Educator – Jane Hauprich
Jane has been piecing quilts for about 17 years. It wasn’t until 2009 when she discovered longarm quilting, that quilting became her passion. She started free motion quilting on a domestic machine, then an HQ Sweet Sixteen® and then an HQ Avanté®. She still enjoys using all of these machines.
She is an award-winning quilter who loves to share her knowledge of quilting with other quilters. Her philosophy is that no matter what type of machine one uses, domestic, short-arm or longarm, anyone can learn to custom quilt.
Jane resides on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. You can read more about Jane and see her quilting at www.stitchbystitchcustomquilting.com
Friday, April 27
Fast, Fun and Fabulous Free Motion Quilting –
9am-12pm – $40
Quilters everywhere LOVE the excitement and fun of free motion quilting – and it’s easier than toy think! Create flowing designs by connecting simple design elements with continuous lines, traveling across the quilt or filling in a specific area. Learn how drawing and muscle memory contribute to beautiful free motion quilting, and how to create stunning designs.
- How to develop an inventory of free motion designs
- Proper scaling and spacing of design elements
- Edge to edge free motion quilting
- Adjusting your quilting path to create your own designs
- Using Micro Handles for free-motion control
Curvy Rulers Ahead –
1pm-4pm – $40
Fasten your seatbelts and get ready to drive! You’ll be rounding corners, navigating curves and riding up and down with this class on curved templates. Learn how to read and use the markings on curved templates. Discover the tricks for making half circles, flattened circles, and perfectly curved lines. Create Beautiful quilting designs using swags, clam shells, ovals, arcs and half circles.
- Use mini-circle, half-circle, and full circle rulers
- Master wave, arc, and clamshell rulers
- Create curved crosshatching and ruler/background fill combinations
- Alternate methods with the HQ Pro-Stitcher and Groovy Boards
Saturday, April 28
New Kids on the Block –
9am-12pm – $40
Handi Quilter continually adds new rulers to the line-up and you will welcome them with open arms. Come learn about their features, how to use them and what you can accomplish with this cadre of handy new rulers. Sized to fit your hand and designed to make ruler work easier, you’ll be reaching for these ruers again and again.
- Customize your quilt with crosshatching and straight-line quilting from every angle
- Develope an inventory of arc designs you’ll love
- Perfect pebbles are now in reach
- Reshape the clamshell for an updated modern look
- Learn about how stitch-in-the-ditch quilting can be both fun and easy to do!
Beyond Traditional Feathers –
1pm-4pm – $40
Beautiful feathers are a mainstay of free-motion quilters everywhere, but sometimes you find yourself ready for something a little different. In this class, you will learn how to build feathering skills to include new shapes and styles of feathers. Then you’ll learn to easily customize them to your quilting projects, both as all over designs and designated space
- Two different styles of feathers
- Embellished feathers and spines
- Leaves, curls, and other vine designs
- Customizing unconventional feathers to spaces
All Classes are $40 each. Take 2 or more classes, $35 per class. Take ALL 4 classes for $120.
Be one of the first 15 to sign up—Buy 1 class, get 1 FREE.
***Purchase a machine during the event, your total price for classes will be deducted from the cost
of the machine.***
More Events and Classes
Join our group of quilters who meet at the store once a month to discuss things related to quilting. Some bring in their finished quilts to share, others bring in a top for suggestions on how to quilt it. New products are sometimes introduced at the meeting as well. The group meets on a Saturday morning. Call Julie at 717.719.3376 for a schedule of dates/times.
We have a Destiny Diva group that meets once a month for the Babylock Destiny machine. Owners of the machines are taught new techniques using their machines and geared to the IQ designer of the machine. Call Julie for upcoming class schedule and time. 717.719.3376.
We are working on some other upcoming classes for embroidery and sergers as well. Feel free to email Julie at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our email list.